In 2006 onedotzero joined forces with MTV Creative to initiate Bloom, a worldwide competition to find the best new talent in moving image by commissioning ten short films exploring the themes of identity and community.
The winners were given a budget and production support from onedotzero and the final ten commissioned one minute films were given coverage on MTV's channels globally and online, and were available to view online.
'The Bloom project represents exactly what onedotzero is about - creative partnership, new talent, progressive vision reaching a wide international audience. MTV international are the perfect partners and the 10 winning creative talents exemplify quality twinned with innovation producing 10 brilliant mini-masterpieces,' said Shane RJ Walter, Director, onedotzero.
On March 19 2008, we celebrated the launch of the films with seven of the winners in attendance, alongside a mix of key creative industry figures, media, filmmakers, designers and MTV creative teams in London.
Thanks to everyone who came, especially the winners who travelled from LA, New York, Warsaw, Sheffield and London. We'd also like to thank our fantastic venue partner, Beach Blanket Babylon Shoreditch, and their great team. Also a huge thank you to our generous drinks partners who supported the event: Vedett, 42 Below vodka, Sabai, Tynant, and thank you to our technical partners XL video, and to Dandelion and Burdock for visuals.
Bloom Winning Filmmakers
1. Quayola: Rome [Rome, Italy]
2. Lulu Li: Beijing Dance [Beijing, China]
3. Ayala Sharot: Foreigners [London, UK]
4. Matt Bullock: Cityfix [Sheffield, UK]
5. Igor Knezevic: Proxies [L.A., USA]
6. The Holograms: Morfism [France]
7. Przemyslaw Adamski / Katarzyna Kijek: Untitled [Warsaw, Poland]
8. Ryan Louie: Untitled [N.Y.C, USA]
9. Marieke Verbiesen: Nordic Folk Legends [Bergen, Norway]
10. Neil Grundy and Alyssa Kath: Lone Kauri Road [Auckland, New Zealand]
The package of shorts are also available for international film festival consideration. Please get in touch if you are interested: email@example.com
The MTV Bloom microsite is no longer live but you can watch a video of it here.